On February 1, 2017, the Livingston County Emergency Services and Disaster Agency became the Vermilion Valley Regional Emergency Communications Joint Authority (or VCom). Citizens will continue to dial 911 (Emergencies) and 815-844-0911 (Non-Emergencies).
Sign up for Nixle
Nixle keeps you up-to-date with relevant information from your local public safety departments via text!
Sign up to recieve public safety alerts by texting your zip code to 888777.
VCom supports and dispatches police to Livingston County and Streator
VCom supports and dispatches fire and rescue to all of Livingston County and Streator
VCom supports and dispatches EMS to all of Livingston County and Streator
Communities we support
The Vermilion Valley Regional Emergency Communications Joint Authority is proud to support over the 50,000 residents of Livingston County and Streator
Want to make a difference in your community?
Long Point (61333)
Freedom of Information Act
How to Request Information Using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of a representative of Livingston County please refer to the department list below.
- Please make your request for records in writing.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to do either.
- For black and white, letter or legal sized copies, the first 50 pages are free, unless a different fee is otherwise fixed by statute. Any additional pages will be charged at .15 cents per page.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and if you wish, your electronic mail address.
If this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
844 W. Lincoln Street
Pontiac, IL 61764